This project was created as a coursework submission for our 3rd Year Group Project.
- Creation of custom game engine tailored for our project, built by integration of our own custom code and the external libraries SFML1, Irrlicht2, GLM3 and Anax4.
- Rendering using the irrlicht engine.
- As of the printing of this report, we had the grand total of:
- 13,000+ final lines of code,
- 1,350+ git commits,
- 3000+ source files changed throughout the project,
- 41,000+ git additions,
- 24,500+ git deletions.
- Automated Continuous Integration testing using Travis CI.
- Extremely modular and flexible core game framework using the Anax “entity component system” library.
- Cross platform support using the CMake build system
- Creation of a separate client and server, with common code in a shared library that is linked at compile time.
- Low latency networking for synchronizing game state between the server and all connected clients, created with a packet based interface provided by SFML.
- Tight synchronisation of music with client and server game clocks, over a variable latency network using NTP.
This project won the Graphcore prize for best 3rd year games project.